Merryann

How do I get rid of Internet Explorer 8 popup asking if I’m sure I want to navigate away from this page?

20 Dec 2010
20 Dec 2010 | |

I rarely use Internet Explorer, only when I have no choice. My browser of choice is Firefox. I used it about a week ago, and ever since, I’ve been getting this annoying popup: Error – “Windows Internet Explorer: Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page? Press Escape or close this alert.”

No matter what I do, it keeps coming back, interrupting whatever else I’m doing at the time. I’ve run Spybot S&D, and found nothing. I’ve gone into the running processes and killed IE (it apparently starts itself up again), rebooted, checked the startup programs. I haven’t checked the config.sys or the registry – mainly because I don’t know what to look for there. Any ideas???? It’s really getting annoying!