How can I get rid of a Facebook worm that auto-updates my status?

Sachin December 4, 2010

Okay the problem began when a friend of mine told me to copy and paste the link he gave. We were chatting using Facebook Chat at that time. When I did so all the Facebook images rotated and all that.

But after a while, when it all settled down, I went to my Facebook profile. I saw that I had somehow posted something on 15 of my friends wall. It was the same link that my friend had given. I had also liked 2-3 Facebook pages. I had NOT performed any of these actions.

Now every day at a specific time I see that I get a new status with the same crap: Hi Friends see Face-book images rotate 360* see here >> http://CHANGEISGOOD.TK/

Now I had NOT performed any of these functions. I delete all my statuses cause I never talk so formally and it’s a big embarrassment.This has been happening for a while. I have removed all the posts I had made. I also disconnected from the group but the problem still persists: my status is being updated every time and I have to delete it every single time.

Please tell me what to do that may stop this from happening. Thank you!

1. Srinivas G

I've not tried that thing (because I knew it was a scam), so I'm not absolutely sure about getting rid of that. As it is obvious that the spammers have access to your facebook profile, you can try 2 things:1) Go to Account>Privacy Settings. At the bottom and to the left, you'll see a link titled "Edit your settings" under the head "Applications and websites". Now, Click the "Edit Settings" button under "Applications you use". From the list of all your applications, remove all the unneeded and suspicious ones.2) If that doesn't work, try changing your password and contact e-mail.I'd really like to investigate that thing myself but can't do that now, owing to personal reasons. Good Luck. :)

Click Account > Privacy Settings > Applications and Websites (Edit your settings) Then remove all suspicious applications from the list.

3. Gautam

I am also having the same problem. Some1 please tell how to get rid of this problem.

thnx in advance.

Gautam,

did any of the suggestions in this thread help you resolve the issue.

If not, feel free to post a new question.

4. Aryamaan Giri

Go to http://www.facebook.com/mobile/
    Find "More facebook mobile products".
    Click refresh your upload email.
    Press reset. That should do the trick.

• Sachin

Thanks, problem solved...guess somehow they had changed my Mobile email address and kept posting rubbish from it...this worked just right...

Sachin,

Thank you for the feedback and glad to hear you were able to fix it!