How can I get rid of computer viruses?
Question by Aung Thu Hein /

How can I get rid of viruses using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0? Please tell me about viruses and how to kill them.

• ONE

YER WELL GUESS WHAT I HAVE THE FULL VERSION OF KASPERSKY AND IT DOES NOT TELL YOU ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!! HOW DO GET RIDE OF THE VIRUS!!!! WHY DID I WASTE MY MONEY ON ALL 3 COMPUTERS IN MY HOME WITH THIS RUBBISH WHEN ALL IT DOES IS TELL YOU THE BAD NEWS YOU HAVE A VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dovewoman52

Thanks! I didn’t buy it. They were not helpful. I had 3 techs and they didn’t have a clue what to do. One hung up on me after telling me what to do. He just hung up! His answer didn’t help. I decided I did not want their product and now have an anti virus program that I can work and is doing a great job. Ironically, it did NOT find the problem Kaspersky found but it did find more than 8 virus AND quarantened them automatically for me! I am beginning to think the Kaspersky “virus” was a fake “planted virus” to make me feel I needed to buy their program. I appreciate your feedback.

• Osama

check the quarantine section of your antiviruses, if the files are there, they are ‘locked’ and can’t attack now, do another scan to confirm

• Dovewoman52

Thank you for answering me. The problem I am having is with Kaspesky trial it doesn’t put it in quarantine for me. I spent 40 minutes with tech support & they don’t support trial versions. I don’t know how they expect me to buy it when I can’t even work it. #1 It doesn’t put anything in quarantine. When I click on quarantine it opens a drop down and it is for my comupter. I don NOT want to make a quarantine file in with My documents in case it accidentally got opened. I expect a virus product to quarantine it on it’s own…or at least let me push a quarantine button & it put the stuff there. #2 the 2 virus I have are red coded. I want them taken care of!!! It keeps telling me I have to do something due to the severity, but doens’t help me as to what to do! I am lost. Tech support was going to have someone higher up call me, but they didn’t. They will lose a prospective customer if I don’t figure it out or get some help from them. I like the defensive product, but even after reading and reading and reading I am still lost. #3 the ‘vulnerable programs’ part never stops. NEVER!!! I don’t know if it is doing a complete scan or is broken. This way I don’t know what my vulnerable applications are. 

Thanks for your earlier answer. I am head over heels in questions and Kaspersky doens’t have the info places for me to go. The FAQ do not fit my questions and they say they don’t give support to trial users. If I can’t figure it out on my own as a trial user, since they will not offer support, I am leery of buying the product. 

Thanks. If you wish to tackle any of this you are welcome to. If you don’t wish to, I understand. Thanks for your earlier answer. My virus’ are not locked in quarantine. It looks like I have to create my own quarantine and that feels uncomfortable to me. 

Moppet – Tex – Whatever I chose. I forget.

Trial versions will not help you unless they are fully functional trials. So you have to work arround either to go to the full version shareware or to find alternative.

Try Clamwin, locate those files and ask clamwin to remove them.
      http://www.clamwin.com/

Digital defender free version will work
      http://www.digital-defender.com/

Comodo Internet Security Pro 2011 v5.4 —-> For free one year
      if you hurry you might have it
      http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/22370-comodo_internet_security_pro_2011

• Dovewoman52

I talked to 3 techs in 2 different departments. They all told me “not to worry about it” and it was a red, high code virus. Two of the techs were extemely rude. One hung up on me after less than a 2 minute call. It was not a long drawn out call. He told me what to do and hung up. What he told me to do did NOT work, but I had no chance to tell him.

I decided with support like that, poor communication skills, and a product I could not figure out that I would choose some other program. They lost a customer!

Thanks for you answer back. I appreciate it. 

• Moppet

In need help with the Kaspersky program. I have used AVG for 3 years and been very happy. Yesterday was horrible and I felt there was a problem. I researched and installed a trial version of Kaspersky after taking AVG off. Five virus were found. The history shows me the virus in red and they are still in the computer scan results. Other programs have recommended what I should do with found virus (place in vault, etc.) Kaspersky doesn’t tell me and I have spent several hours looking in self help areas trying to find out what to do.

My question is: has Kaspersky already removed the 5 red virus and just left me the info to view? Do I need to manually remove them myself and how do I do that? I can find no info to help me with this and they do not offer tech support for trial versions. Please help! Thank you for any comments you can give me.

• Osama

install a free antivirus like avg, avira or avast and there u go

• Moppet

I have had AVG for 3 years and been very happy. Yesterday there were numerous problems on my computer. I put a trial version of Kaspersky on my computer and found 5 virus’. Other programs tell me what to do with found virus. Kaspersky did not tell me what to do. Are the virus’ gone? Do I have to manually do something to remove the 5 virus? I have read all the info on the Kaspersky site and have not found the answer I need. I am not too literate and need an easy answer. What do I have to do to remove the 5 virus or have they been removed? Tech support does not help ‘trial’ versions. (On the good side it was very easy for me to install. Other comments had mentioned it was difficult.) Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hi

Malware includes computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, hijackers, and certain type of adware.

Adware – A program that generates pop-ups on your computer or displays advertisements.

Backdoor – A program that allows a remote user to execute commands and tasks on your computer without your permission.

Dialler – A program that typically dials a premium rate number that has per minute charges over and above the typical call charge. T

Hijackers – A program that attempts to hijack certain Internet functions like redirecting your start…

Spyware – A program that monitors information on your computer and sends that information to a remote computer without your knowledge.

Trojan – A program that cause some malicious activity or to provide a backdoor to your system.

Virus – A general term that encompasses trojans, worms, and viruses. when run, has the ability to self-replicate by infecting other programs and files on your computer. These programs can have many effects ranging from wiping your hard drive….

Worm – A program that when run, has the ability to spread to other computers on its own using either mass-mailing techniques to email addresses found on your computer or by using the Internet to infect a remote computer using known security holes.

1) Download and extract the Autoruns program by Sysinternals to C:Autoruns
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

2) Reboot into Safe Mode so that the malware is not started when you are doing these steps

3)double-click on autoruns.exe, Then When the program starts, click on the Options menu and enable the following options by clicking on them. This will place a checkmark next to each of these options.

1.Include empty locations
    2.Verify Code Signatures
    3.Hide Signed Microsoft Entries

4)Then press the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh the startups list using these new settings.

5)Find the entry that is associated with the malware, you want to delete that entry so it will not start again on the next reboot. So To do that right click on the entry and select delete. This startup entry will now be removed from the Registry. , you should delete the file using My Computer or Windows Explorer. If you can not see the file, it may be hidden. To allow you to see hidden files you can follow the steps for your operating system found in this tutorial:

6)Use your antivirus and do a scan both in safe mode and normal mode.

Hope this will help you Also if you want a shareware there is securitytaskmanager
    http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/

• Moppet

I had AVG and Malwarbytes. My computer started acting funny yesterday. I installed  a trial of Kaspersky after taking AVG off. The Kaspersky found 5 virus ( I think most were trojans). In other programs you are told a recomendation as to what to do. (Put in vault, etc.) Kaspersky doesn’t tell me what to do. It looks like the virus is still there.

My question is: Does Kaspersky remove the virus and if not, how do I remove the virus? I am not computer literate and the above answer is very difficult for me. I have found the virus. Has it been removed with the Kaspersky program and just left for me to see what the problem was? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Well kaspersky must have 30days trial so if kaspersky found a malware then has to remove it (means you have to click on remove button  after that scan is finished), so to be sure run again the scan and find out if youre malwares were removed. If not then kaspersky has to tell you where they are located on the pc so go there.

Download iobit  malware fighter
      then right click on your infected file and use scan by iobit malware fighter and delete it after the scan.

• Dovewoman52

Thank you for your reply. Kaspersky is not removing the virus and they are red code.  It keeps flashing dangerous. When I click on remove or whatever their term is, it says it is not possible. Then it gives 2 more choices, one of which is to ignore. That is not what I want to hear or do! Is iobit malware fighter safe? I had been happy with the combo of AVG freeware and Malwayrebytes but my computer started acting up big-time. I recognized that I might have a virus so I changed to a trial Kaspersky and took the others off since it won’t work with them. Sometimes I come on & my  firewall is disables. I am beginning to wonder if K put a virus note or even a virus on my computer to make me buy it. I am not too happy with the situation I am in. I have never had a problem with getting rid of malwarye and viurs’ before. 

I will check on iobit. Do I need a virus protection or is it malware AND virus also? Should I ditch Kaspersky? 

• Dovewoman52

Hello. I just replied to you and I accidentally replied to myself. I had rude techs. One hung up on me after giving me a 3 sentence answer to the problem. He just hung up! His solution did not work, but I couldn’t tell him since he hung up. All the techs gave me answers that didn’t work. I figured if I couldn’t get tech support and had a product I could not figure out how to use, I’d better not buy it. They lost a customer. I imagine they will be losing a lot of customers if they treat them as they treated me. Thank you for your replies though. I appreciate your help.

I understand, Kaspersky sometime do it in difficult way, they will only registered clients, try to use alongside to your security tool Immunet free version
      http://www.immunet.com/main/index.html
      is a cloud based protection.