How do I get rid of the “Community Toolbar” box warning when opening Safari?

Lori McKinley August 17, 2011

How can I get rid of a box that comes up every time I go to open Safari. The box is titled “Community Toolbar” …. We are sorry, but the Safari browser version you are currently using does not support the community toolbar.” I have to close the box then, I can open Safari.

1. Gary

Gary Rosenzweig says                        6/17/10 at 8:00 pm        So from what I can tell the “Community Toolbar” is from Conduit. It seems you get this message if you installed it, or a variety of other toolbars that are versions of it with different names, and then uninstalled it by deleting only one component and not the rest. One solution I see is to install it again, and then use its uninstall function to uninstall it properly. But first, try looking in /Library/Application Support/ for a Conduit folder. Look in both the master /Library/Application Support/ and your user /Library/Application Support/. Get rid of that Conduit folder. See if it works.

2. Kehena

I have the same box come up every five to ten minutes.  It doesn't matter what I am doing.  It should be illegal for Chrome to do that.  It costs me tons of effort to keep dealing with it.

3. TreeTrunk

I have the same issue -- just started happening -- don't known whey. None of these replies is helpful!

4. Mulder

Resisting the urge to download and install such toolbars would go a long way toward avoiding such problems. You don't need them.

• Jeffery Fabish

Can you start actually providing support, rather than just lecturing? I'm yet to see a constructive reply from you. If you can't provide support, don't answer. It's that simple. 

Easy!

It's a valid suggestion, although it's not the desired solution. It's like saying 'get a proper browser' when someone needs help with Internet Explorer. It addresses the problem, but it doesn't answer the question. Yet it's valid!

• Asdf

None of it resolved the problem.

Assuming your running a mac, check out this thread which is marked as resolved. It envolves removing the add-on and deleting some files. I don't use Mac's so I don't know what those files are, but the OP said it worked.

• Regaltip5b

thread doesn't work