How do I revert from Outlook back to Hotmail?

james murray November 20, 2014

I wish to revert back to my previous Hotmail Account.

Since going to Outlook, my Sign In e-mail Address and Password protocol has been by-passed and when I log in, it goes straight onto my page containing Inbox, messages etc…

I need this safety feature to be once more available to me for Security reasons.

Second, the ‘close all tabs’ and ‘close current tab’ facility is also unavailable to me.┬áThis has resulted in me having to log on and off every time I need to read the next message on my Inbox.

I would appreciate any assistance you can give to rectify this problem.

1. Jan F.

As the link provided by ha14 explains you cannot go back to Hotmail.

I am not entirely sure I understand your issue with the log in system? I only know of two scenarios within Hotmail and one was less secure than the other.

(1) You checked the "Remember me" box which instead of bringing you to the Hotmail login asked you to select your Windows Live ID and then enter your password.

(2) You set your landing page settings, the "Today page settings" to go to the MSN Today page instead of straight to the Inbox. At best this falls under the "security through obscurity" category which means it doesn't have any security value.

I believe Outlook is clearly better here as it doesn't "fake" any security. If your password is not secure enough for your taste I suggest to enable Two-step- verification and don't add your computer (or any other) to the trusted devices list.

As for your last issue you will have to elaborate what you really mean - at least I didn't understand it. If you are reading a message on Outlook.com all you have to do is click on Inbox to get back to the full email list. Also there is an up and down arrow above the "Actions" menu which allows you to switch to the next or previous message.