How do I reuse an old thumb drive?

Ann H September 6, 2014

I have a rather old Bell Mobility thumb drive (From Novatel Wireless) which I do not need anymore. Is there any way to make it into a usable thumb drive for storage? Or are there any other ways to reuse the drive?

I hate throwing things out and would prefer to reuse it

Thanks in advance. Sorry, I don’t do tech talk well!

Thank you!

2. Howard B

If it's a Bell Mobility Turbo Stick, it's not a thumbdrive, it's a USB wireless adapter (cellular data modem) (made by Novatel) and (probably) doesn't have any storage space; sell it on eBay, or give it to someone else who can use it. If it *does* have storage space, you can use it as a thumbdrive as long as you either remove the SIM or disable the wireless adapter in the Windows control panel.

3. Jeffrey W

If it is recognized by windows you should be able to reformat it by right clicking on it. Using my computer or
    Computer icon choose format, then choose quick format select fat32 or ntfs, in the dialog panel.