How can I retrieve deleted messages from my Samsung Galaxy S2?
Question by Ram Chandra /

I accidently deleted a text message from a contact Which i want to get it back.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• windflow Gong

To find out more about how to recover deleted photos from a Samsung Galaxy most successfully

check out:

• windflow Gong

Here is a blog about samsung data recovery may help you:

• Noel J

I can see my deleted messages in myfile/sdcard/kobo/images and when I download it and produces an .xml file. when I open the file it gives me only the xml source code but not the exact message. Is there an easy way to open that kind of files in a readable format?

• regina

Can you retrieve deleted messages from Samsung galaxyIII.

is there a way to create folders such as sent,draft,new,peronal,etc in text messaging for recieved or sent texts in my galaxy s2

• Vipul Jain

you cannot recover it now but for future you should backup your messages using this app just too be safe!

• Achraf52

If you don’t have a backup elsewhere, you can’t recover that one .

• Kannon Y

I’m sorry, but if you erased an SMS from your phone, it’s going to be very hard to recover and in most cases, impossible. My understanding is that SMS are stored in a database files, marked as “.DB” in your phone. Typically, once you erase a file on your computer (including an Android handset), the file is still there until it’s overwritten by another file. Once it’s overwritten, however, it’s gone for good.

So, basically, the next text message that hit your phone will overwrite the existing .DB file, thus forever erasing your “erased” message. Perhaps I’m oversimplifying? I’m no expert on this subject.

If you have access to your phone’s internal memory, and haven’t received another SMS, you may be able to recover the missing SMS using a PC and software, such as Recuva. The method is outlined here, which covers GSM phones. Apparently, the text itself is stored somewhere on the SIM card (which doesn’t make any sense to me, but that’s what the source stated).

In Android handsets, the SMS database is stored in this location in the data directory:

In the future, using software such as Google Voice, will make it much harder to lose SMS, although it is not available in all regions.