How do I retrieve 1 TB of video off a old hard drive with an old OSX?

Anonymous January 21, 2014

I have removed an old iMac hard drive with 1TB of video on a Snow Leopard operating system. I am now running Mavericks10.9.1 and want to migrate my video to my new computer. I’ve turned the old drive into an external.

If the old drive is already in an external case or some adapter all you have to do is power on your new Mac running Mavericks and then connect the drive.

If the icon doesn't appear on the Desktop open up a Finder window and it should appear on the left hand side listed under devices.

If the icon doesn't appear there open up Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities) and see if the drive is detected at all.
    The drive might be listed but not mounted which usually means there is an issue with the file system. Select the drive, click First Aid and click Verify Disk to check it. If red warnings show up click on Repair Disk afterwards

If the drive isn't listed at all within Disk Utility there is some problem on the hardware side of the external drive. Further help on that once you reported back your findings.