How can I retreive email when I downgrade to Snow Leopard?

Jean Winchester September 25, 2012

Mountain Lion did not work for me. As an author, when I got the spinning beach ball of death for four seconds every time I cut and pasted even, say, just one character, it was time to go back to something stable. (The processor showed it was running at about 7%!) Switch it off and it worked fine…then after three days, it would slow down again. I’ve had Macs since ’91 and I could not figure it out.

So, back I went and I’m happy with Snow Leopard…except that I’ve got 10,000 emails which Snow Leopard’s Mail will now not recognize. They are on the drive and I can access them via Spotlight but nothing is in order anymore. It takes me ages to find what I am looking for. Please, is there a way to get them back into Mail? Some conversion program perhaps? Thanks.

1. macwitty

There is a discussion, with maybe a solution that will work for you, in Apple Support discussion. It is a spep by step and instead of copy the content here is the link https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3280583?start=15&tstart=0

2. Henry Lahman

You'd probably have to import them into and export them out of something else