Why can I not resume Windows 7 from Hibernation?

imabookfreak July 5, 2011

For some reason, my hibernation function isn’t working right. I hibernate successfully. When I power my laptop back on, it shows the “Resuming Windows” screen and goes to a black screen with an underscore character blinking in the top left, like a console window. This is normal, and usually displays this “console-like” screen for a mere second or two before going to the desktop. But now it just sits on that screen for ages, doing nothing.

Anyone know why this might be occurring?

1. Ghady

I had the same problem I'm really confused my laptop isn't working after hibernate

2. Imabookfreak

I'll keep these tips in mind next time I hibernate. Thank you all.

3. Rodney

I personally have found that some of the usb items I have plugged in will stop the computer from coming out of hibernation. Unplug any unused cables and see if that helps.

4. sushil kumar

how much time after you resume your window?

Remove the battery, then hold the power button for 2 minutes, reinstall the battery and try to boot now. You can also try to reset the cmos battery.

Or bo to BIOS and look for the power management there and try sime configuration.

windows control manager - Power Configuration, and disable the "hybrid Sleep" mode (which inadvertently enable "Hibernate" in start menu). 

If one or more of your DIMMs are partially bad! Then this can be a problem, remove the bad one(s),