How To Resume Failed Downloads on PSP

Limão February 4, 2010

I have a PSP-3000 running 6.20 original firmware. I’m trying to download Final Fantasy VII from the Playstation Store. Trouble is, it’s a 1352 MB download, and I keep getting a connection error that kills the download process. When I try to resume it, it starts all over.

I’ve tried to run the download from my PC, using the Playstation Network Downloader, but I get the same connection error and the same inability to resume the download. I’ve also Googled this issue but I haven’t come across anything useful. Is there any way to get the PSP to resume downloads?

1. jon

Gotta say. It's pretty lame that no one bothered to try to answer the actual question. Can downloads be resumed where they failed? I'm guessing the silence on this point means no.

2. Johan387

Any instability with your internet connection can cause the download to fail. Tweaking the router or the network isn't the problem.  Sometimes the internet connection is just TOO unstable.

You probably already fixed your problem. For everybody else having the same problem, I would suggest using Sony's Media GO software. It has resume support for downloads from the PS store. Go to http://us.playstation.com/psn/mediago/ to download it.

3. Naji-mmmsn

Dear fiend,
    when the download is finish, the install begin but saddle's the interruption drop down the installation.
    I have done this several times and no possible to install the game,I have 4gb space in the card memories.
    COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
    TY

Naji,

I suggest that you post a new question, you are unlikely to get an answer here.

Don't forget to mention all the details we need to know to understand your question - game, type of memory card, device, operating system etc.

4. Simon Slangen

The problem most likely lies with your router, or the connection between your router and PSP. Here's what I'd do.

* For safeties sake, start by pulling out your Modem and Router's power plugs (and any other network devices that stand between your connection and your PSP). Wait a few minutes before plugging them in again, and give each device a few minutes before plugging in the next (child) device. (i.e. 5-modem-5-router-5-bridge-5-etc.)

* Next, on your PSP, browse to your network settings and delete the current configuration. Then run through the wizard again - don't do it manually, too much chance of taking a wrong turn somewhere.

This should pair up your PSP and router again. Cross your fingers and hope it works.

If it doesn't work, you probably have your router to blame. As long as that device spoils your game, you're not gonna have any fun. Here's how to confirm that hypothesis.

* Connect your computer/laptop directly to your modem (i.e. without passing through the router). Take the UTP cable that goes from your modem to your router/bridge/... and plug it directly into your computer's ethernet port.

Try again. You said your computer previously had the same problem. If your router is to blame, it should work now. If you want to avoid the error, but really need a router, you'll need to get yourself a new one.

*!! If your modem has multiple outputs, you also need to count the device as a router. If you don't have a router (i.e. you've got but one modem, with one output), or the second trick didn't work, I'm obviously wrong. In that case, let's hope someone else has the solution.