How can I restrict the Internet speeds of specific computers on my network?

Ankit Singh August 6, 2012

I have an internet connection at my home which we use by a Netgear WGR614v9 wireless router. Is there a way to restrict the Internet speed of specific computers?
The allocated speed can be same for all devices or can be manually allocated?

1. Âdil Farôôq
  2. Anay Chaubal

Use a software proxy server, and using that, you may limit the bandwidth to individual nodes. Also, You may use some softwares which are specifically designed to achieve bandwidth restrictions, however a user with Administrator rights may be able to end task on this software process to circumvent the limit. So, Software proxy, hosted on the main / server computer is the best choice.

3. Anay Chaubal

4. ferdinan Sitohang

There is a section or a feature in your router which allow you registering computer mac address. Register all the computer in your network and give them some limitation from that menu

5. Aditya Roy
    • Aditya Roy

Pretty easy to use