How can I restore and update my iPad to iOS 6 using .ipsw file?

Aboodi_CR7 October 19, 2012

I have downloaded a file called “iPad3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw” and I want to restore and update my jailbroken iPad 3 version 5.1.1 to iOS 6. When I try to download and update from iTunes, and after a while, a window appears, it says “Network connection error”, but the network connection is really fine. Can anyone help me, please?

1. Lucifr

Make sure you didn't modified your /etc/hosts

How to Restore iPhone or iPad with given ipsw file -

http://davidbits.blogspot.in/2011/08/how-to-restore-iphone-or-ipad-with.html

If updating from iTunes is not working,then update the iTunes to latest version.If still it doesn't works and your iPad is restored,then try updating using Wi-Fi.

You need to set your iPad to DFU Mode to adjust the firmware. To enter your iPad DFU Mode, do the followings:

1. Plug the iPad into your computer
    2. Download latest iTunes software from Apple and launch iTunes
    3. Click you device, on "Summary" tab, click check for update to download the latest iOS 6 firmware from apple without installing the firmware since I don't know the state of your downloaded file that could be corrupted
    4. I highly recommend you backup your iPad before upgrading the firmware. To do this, right click on your iPad and select "Back Up"
    5. Hold down the Power button and the Home button on your iPad at the same time and keep holding both of these buttons for 10 seconds
    6. After 10 seconds pass, release the Power button but continue to hold the Home button for another 3-5 seconds
    7. When in DFU mode, your iPad screen will stay completely black. If you see an Apple logo or otherwise you did not enter DFU mode
    8. iTunes will notify you that it has detected a device in recovery mode, ignore this message if you plan on jailbreaking
    9. Once in DFU mode your jailbreak or firmware modifying app should take over, so follow those instructions from there on

4. Jérémie Fortin

you need to put your ipad on dfu and flash the firmware afterwards