How can I restore QuickWeb on a HP Mini netbook?

jun October 1, 2011

How can I restore my QuickWeb settings in my HP netbook Mini model 210-2000? Please help me. Thanks!

Hello, to reinstall quickweb on your hp mini you have to follow the next steps:

-- Click on Start-- click on all programs-- select Recovery Manager -- select Software program reinstallation -- click on next-- select HP IOS-- click on Next
    If you want to read more, visit the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02043846&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

You can also head to the hp download center and download the most recent version of quickweb for your model:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02043846&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4247647&tmp_track_link=ot_search

To get the newest version of quickweb, navigate to reinstall quickweb from recovery manager and then click on the hp quickweb softare link at the bottom of the heading

• franz

hi pls help.. my hp 210-2355dx does not have quickweb preinstalled. i updated all my drivers and bios, went to recovery manager and had quickweb 1.1.2.2 i installed it at c: then reboot my system, enabled QW in bios.. but then it won't push through. just a blank screen. i had to hit ctrl+alt+del then esc to change my boot to win7, what should i do? can't contact tech support, purchased this from U.S. but I'm now in the Phils. Thanks in advance!

Hello, did you make sure to enable QuickWeb in IOS  within windows?  To do so, start up your computer in windows.  Once windows has restarted  try the following:
        -- click on Start
        -- All Programs
        -- look for IOS and double click on it
        -- open IOS Configuration Tool
        -- select enable IOS
        -- change timer if you need to.  Do not set the counter too short, so that you have enough time to select to start either in windows or quickweb.

If this doesn't work you might try checking to see if any updates for quickweb can be installed.  You can try doing so with recovery manager or hp update.  Also there is the possibility that it is not compatible with your computer.  Let me know how it goes.

• Franz

IOS? I haven't seen that but I'll check.. I'll post afterwards. I'm not sure if I have IOS in my system. I restored my comp to clean slate. Thank you. I'll wait for your post..

Hello, does your netbook have a button option to access quickweb when starting up? Most times if netbook/laptops do not have this button, chances are that device is not compatible with quickweb. Check in your new install if the quickweb is installed by default.  I doubt it, especially after you said that it was not installed in your system before.  If you still want to try this, do the update with hp manager and install quickweb from there.  Do not enable it in BIOS.  Enable it first doing the IOS, like I explained before.  You will only see the entry for IOS, once quickweb is installed, not before that. Once you enable it there, you could try enabling it in BIOS.  See if it works that way.  I would think if quickweb is not install by default, maybe your system is not compatible with it.  Let me know how it goes a have a very merry christmas and a happy New Year.

Just go to system restore and recover back to a date (system checkpoint) before the problem occurred, and tell me if it worked.

Jay, do you know what QuickWeb is?

Quickweb lets you browse the web on start up, (by just pressing power button or dedicated quickweb button)
        when you don't need to wait for windows to start.
        I am saying this based on my belief that,
        If something is listed in the installed files, it can be restored by system restore.