How can I restore a missing Windows Vista on my laptop?

Chad February 3, 2010

There are great legal system I have possession of my laptop again yea!

The operating system was vista and it seems it has been deleted. Is there any way to repair this laptop without buying a new operating system?

The only thing it will do now when you start it up is display a message (missing os or unformatted active partition. press any key to boot floppy).

1. chad

Thanks that was really helpful. And yes my hard drive is still there. I did take a look and make sure. lol

Hi Chad,

first of all congrats for getting back your laptop.

Now, about restoring your operating system.
    I assume the laptop came with this OS. Did it also come with a recovery / restore CD or did you create one for it? If you have a recovery CD and want to use it, go to your BIOS and set the boot sequence to CDROM first.

I think you should first find out more about the state of your hard drive - what was done to it or rather, what is still there. You could hook it up to another computer to backup your data. From there you can also scan the hard drive and see whether it took any damage.