How can I restore my Hotmail account if I cannot access the email account that received the unlock code?

Bev Dickerhoff July 10, 2012

My Hotmail account is blocked, I am trying to unblock it. The alternate email address is no longer, so I need to know how to unblock this account. When it says I need a code I cannot provide because I no longer can access the alternate account.

1. Kristen

I cannot access my hotmail account. It keeps having me fill out a questionaire that keeps telling me that i am not the account holder basically. i cannot access my alternate email and i do not know my security question. how do i get access to my account?

2. Tashi Lhendup

my hotmail got blocked and i am trying to unblock it

3. Rish Grayes

The best way is to create a new hotmail account. In case if you want to still try, you can follow this article.

4. brain akinmade

I forgot my password for my hot mail, I can't login anymore I can't even check any email sent to me to my hot mail and I really need to see my mails :(, please is there anything this help centre could do to help me? Please I beg you :(

You can reset your password from the link below -

• elle

hi there, my husband has forgotten his password and security question, we tried giving extra info ie fill in form to much as we can and has come back everytime not enough info sorry.... what can we do to get his email back asap things are important that are on there! please help!

I do understand your importance of email.So,firstly,you need to visit the link below -

It'll ask you for you email and alternate method to contact you which can be used to send recovery code to get your email in working state.

5. Marta Rivera

I use to use hotmail and everytime that i put my email and passport saying that is belong to someone and thats is not true when i sign up they said that i have an account and i can get to my hotmail.

6. zaeef

how i recover my hotmail account

Did you tried above suggestions.

7. geraldine gomes

i can't open my account and my password doesn't macht to open my account

Reset your password by clicking on forgot password link.

8. stanislaus anthony

i have lost my e mail account and as a Disabled i am Handicapped as i have lost all my contact and info .Pls. help me Tq

9. Aynalem

I could not access my email, the window is that of homepage and always lead me to my account and despite filling my password, I could not go to my mail box.

10. Kasinath Pal

I am unable to access my account. I am being logged in however I see nothing after I log into my hotmail account.

Clear your browser cache and cookies and use different browser like updated version of Google chrome and Firefox.

11. henk krediet

i can not get into my hotmail. tried many times but it seems to be that I have to have a code. I follow the steps to get that code but no joy.
    In the tabel with the countries, Curacao is not in it en all the time it says" incorrect tel. # " what do I have to do ?????????

12. malcolm mildon

hi over the last many weeks i have tried to sign into my Hotmail account you keep sending me these signing mixed up letters and don't matter how many time i try it just keeps sending more of the mixed up letters and it don't accept what i enter.i do hope you can send me a link just so i can change my password and get back into my account.i have got other accounts but i do need my Hotmail account i do hope you can help me in getting this account back on the road so to i don't know what else to try many m mildon.PS i have even tried my mobile phone and it still won't let me in when all i need to do is change my password

Makeuseof is not associated with Hotmail and Microsoft.So,your words seems to be suggest that.Here,some readers try to solve people's query regarding technical background.

Try the recovery link below -

It asks you for your inaccessible email address and also to provide how they can contact you via mobile number or email so that they could send you recovery code which could bring your account back to normal state.

13. roberta turner

I cannot get into my email or messenger(hotmail) account...they keep asking for a code which I cannot get cause I can't get into my email account....

Try to get the recovery code by filling out your details from the link below -

14. Gloria Zoda

How can i get into my email?forgot my pass word and I cant receive it without getting into my mail box Please help

Did you tried the recovery link below -

Did the above solutions mentioned above proved helpful to you or not ?

15. steven pooley

Im new to all this, ive just got my new laptop. Its windos 8 and I cant access my Hotmail account,

16. Barbara bright

Unable to log into hotmail . Not receiving mail..unable to send mail.. It tells me I'm not it is not my account...can you please advise how to over come problem a.s.a.p. do I need to change evert thing.. Many thanks.

Are you using browser to access your account or Windows Live Mail?

Kindly elaborate your question and post it as a new question under the link below -

• anni

my hotmail account is hacked
        but orkut and g mail and skype account password is working
        can i recover my hotmail account through them

Yes,you can use Gmail to recover your Hotmail account.Follow the link below -

• anni

i use this as wel but i didnt recover as all information i provided was changed
          can i recover hotmail by using g mail

Since hackers changes all the information,hence it's not possible to recover all information.

Look up in deleted folder for those emails deleted by the hacker.

In future,use strong passwords and create a backup of your emails using Mailstore software.

17. Yogeshwar Dayal Matghur

I am unable to access my Email a/c in spite of filing in the password. Please suggest how to open the Email a/c

18. donald b. reed

I lost my orginal hotmail account by resetting the password to get away from miceosoft 8. Had my laptop refreshed and i can not get to my first account with hotmail which i have had for many years. Is it possible to get my orginal hotmail account back with all my family history

Your question is not so detailed.Kindly elaborate it.

Do you mean Hotmail account setup in Windows 8 and that got removed after OS re-installation?Did you tried to setup your email once again after installation?Does this happens even while accessing it using a browser?

I request you to kindly elaborate your question fully and post it under the link below so as to get good and quick response -

• Pleaseheeeeelp

i need my hotmail account cause i use it for my blog but i cannot reach it, have no idea why. how can i recover my account or make a new one, but not lose access to my blog?
        i've been trying to recover it for a long time, had few attempts and it always says i can't recover it.
        is there any way to make a nwe account and not lose my blog?

19. jo face

i am trying to get back on windows live ...... from outlook ..... but i am not paying .....

20. Grace Feltman

I answered all the questions and my computer still says i have given the wrong password.

Try clearing cache and cookies of your browser.

21. mohamed ahmed

when i entered my password and email i cannot sign

Try resetting the password.

22. Elsie Coleman

I don,t have access to my hotmail account. I've tried using different passwords but i still can'tget access. You cam message me at for your help

23. russell cridland

i am use hotmail since 1989 and i have not add problem with it and i have a g-mail

24. petedacos

can't get into my hotmail through my desktop icon. what do I do.

Try visiting your account using web browser by typing in address bar.

25. don larson

Most of us don't have time to follow some friggin flow chart to fix this access problem. Reason? People are too pissed to even want to mess with it. Fix the Damn Problem!

26. don larson

Sick and tired of playing this Looping Cat & Mouse, Game; in, trying to connect back to my hotmail. This is the third day, and I'd like to talk to a HUMAN! The Friggin Robo Caller called twice with two codes, and neither worked. Judging by the number complaints; I'd say you have problem with the Process you're using to solve these problems. Security is one thing; but, this process is NOT effective. It does, however; piss a great number of people off.

Firstly,Makeuseof is not a part of Hotmail.

You can use other account to have a recovery code sent into it -

• Tina Sieber

You're preaching to the choir here, Don. We had a Q&A with Hotmail a while ago, but I'm not sure they understood how unhappy users are with the recovery process and the inability to reach a human.

I guess there are too many users on a free service to justify costly human customer support. That's where sites like ours comes in. Unfortunately, we can only work with the information they release and based on our own experience. So our expertise and impact are very limited.

Facebook has the same issue by the way. They try really hard to keep their excellent Help Center up to date and customized to user questions and issues. Not the perfect solution, but a good start.

27. sobhi

i can not sign in

Clear your browser cache and cookies.Reset password if forgotten.

28. ann murphy

the computer is telling me my email and password don't correspond, but I know I am using the right ones

Reset your password.

29. taffy

how do i return to my hotmail from outlook on my mac, i pressed the wrong button and my hotmail changed to outlook, regards taffy

At top left corner,in options menu,there's a option switch back to Hotmail.Click on it.

30. jason

I can not regain access to my hotmail as they keep telling me my account has been hacked into. I have tried the form they send you 5 times but the last time I didn't even get a reply. i can't give anymore info than I have as I don't use the account all that often so remembering anything in it is useless.

Where do I go from here if they are not responding. That information is my interlectual property so what happens now?? I mean if I was the hacker why would I keep trying some shit account! I wouldn't waste my bleedin time.

Not very impressed with what microsoft call any sort of level of service, i mean if you make billions surley you can afford a few staff we can actually speak to.

Did you tried the link below -

• Nikki

I'm in exactly the same position. I have no idea what info I would of put, or what emails would of gone through since I never use it. I just want to connect to my xbox account online..

If anyone has a phone number that can be used to contact them for support that would be a lot more helpful.

Visit the link below to know the number -

The above site is useful for providing best way to directly get tech support.

31. Lamont

Only problem is that you would have to set an appointment for the technician to call you plus you would have to path them $20 not knowing if their going to fix it...b.s. sorry guys if you can't pay it...throw in a towel and get another account...

32. iqbal khan

We are having Problems trying to get onto my email adress they are asking for a Code, but as I cannot access my Email adress it is Impossible for me to give the Code they Require pls pls help I have been inconvenienced for weeks without a Email adress. Many thanks

33. Chris

My hotmail account keeps saying that they can not log me in at this time please try again. How do I get in to my account?

34. leaves

The Sun newspaper has blocked my entry into the browser and it stops me getting to my emails or anything else. What do I do to get the sun off my computer. Regards Arthur Leaves

35. nancy raffoul

I erased my account by mistake and do not know how to get it back as my password was remembered by my computer.

Erased account cannot be recovered.

36. richard fenn

A friend updated my Outlook and everything transferred OK except my address book. I have tried to retrieve this but no good.
    Does anyone know how to do this or will I have to input manually as people contact me.

Try switching back to Hotmail and then try to upgrade to Outlook once again to see any improvements.

Hello, before updating your Outlook, did your friend make a backup of .pst file? If he did, you can import that to outlook and you can recover your contacts.

37. Eleanor Smart

have been away for 5 weeks and am trying to get into my email account now that we are home, but it comes up with unable to assess right now try again this has been happening for 2 days

There might be some maintenance work going on in Microsoft's end.So wait for sometime.Also,make sure that your internet connection is working properly.

• laurence

you need to stop posting as nothing you have posted has helped, its just pointed out the obvious (as people would not be here if they had tried "reset password and regained ")

Many people who ask questions here sometimes fails to respond.They even forget to mark their question as resolved.So,this might be the case here.

38. Jim Gillies

cannot remember password, when I go to screen regain info it is blank except to say sign in..........can't forgot or lost password.

It means that Microsoft is asking you to change your password to stronger one which needs to be done compulsorily before login -

39. christine georgas

For the last 2 days, each time I attempt to go to my hotmail inbox, I am routed to a Microsoft page. I have tried every method displayed on the page directed to from
    Google and am still unable to reach my MSN hotmail inbox. I usually get there automatically by entering the hotmail inbox prompt directly. I am becoming really frustrated.

Try clearing history,cache and cookies of your browser.

40. alitia

hot can i open my hotmail account that has been blocked

41. Wendy Britnell

My Hotmail account in blocked. How can it be 'unblocked?" As well, can't acess Facebook either.

I don;t have any credit cards to pay for the help.

42. Jim Coates

I cannot seem to access my hotmail account no matter whot i try.I have tried 15 times
    to-night this really getting to me can help I am not a tec person Im 71 so please make it easy.
    Jim Cotes

43. Dee Comer

I can not get into my hot mail account. It keeps going to my husbands account of which I typed in above for you to send me info. On my facebook for my primary e-mail account, it shows sisterdeecomer@hotmail. That is CORRECT but when I go to it, it takes me to my husbands account? He had the hotmail account added to his new phone today and that is when we started having problems. He did not put my e-mail on the phone. Please help to restore. Thanks Dee Comer

Try clearing history,cache,cookies,site preferences from your browser.This will make sure that any active login is closed and no traces of it are left behind.

44. ahmed

i want hotmail to send me the code sms i from egypt and when write my number down it does not work is there any other way i can get back to my email and i tried submitting the questionary but it did not work pls some one help

45. ellis johnson

lately when I try to access my hotmail mail, all I get are page after page of businesses trying to get me to set up an account with them. what can I type in to get my mail without all the hassle.

46. Ena Hayes

I cannot open my hotmail account. Each time it comes up with a statement saying ''a password is not enough'' Can you help

47. sagar

dear sir,/madam,
    i have my mobile i cant access my gmail account actually i forgot my password

48. Mary Therese Pitcavage

How can I access my account if it still exists?

By simply putting your credentials like username and password if not changed.But each account has its own expiration date set if not used for longer period of time.

49. martincupido

i forgot my password
    please restore it

50. Rosie

Create yet another alternate email doesn't have to be can be gmail, or yahoo, or whatever. It will be an account that the Hotmail team can contact you, & possibly send you instructions on how to go about retrieving your Hotmail account. Provide the Hotmail team with as much information as possible.

51. Muhammad Tufail

Dear Sir,

I haven't used my hotmail account since 1 or 2 years. i just remember my email. i forgot the password and secret question.
    So plz help me out.

Click on the link below to reset your password -

• waqar

bro mohammad have you recovered your hotmail account back??

52. A Baillie

Why can i no longer access my hotmail acct from phone. I have done in the past but as far as i'm aware nothing on my phone has changed. The account works fine on my PC

53. Amit Sinha

You can contact the support team with the details of your Hotmail account with the people you were communicating through that hotmail.
    I also lost access to my hotmail account and I contacted support team and I got the access back

54. Trevor James

We are having Problems trying to get onto my email adress they are asking for a Code, but as I cannot access my Email adress it is Impossible for me to give the Code they Require pls pls help I have been inconvenienced for weeks without a Email adress. Many thanks Trevor James

55. rashpal hunjan

I am unable to connect to my hotmail account on my pc but can access it on the mobile phone. please advise...

56. kumargaurav

hii, i kumar gaurav my hotmail is block so i request to plz open myhotmail account.

57. Mettiya Phuwanantanond

i can't used my email, my email is block for 3 days, i tried to recover but can't used how can i do, i want to contact the person is know this story pls give me somebody know or his email too.

• Shelton Daniel

I cannot access my e-mail address as it was blocked, I have no code and I need to check my mails today

i am unable to access my hotmail account. it is asking for acess code

59. Achraf Almouloudi

If it is blocked make sure you use Internet Explorer to try fix but if it's password is lost try to contact them using the other option there .

60. Robert Muir Brown

I used to have my hotmail inbox in the top part of the Explorer sscreen. How can it be restored. My daughter has sent me an email but I cannot accses it.

61. Muhammad Ahmad

My best option is to use this link to recover your hotmail account easily.

• DavidUK

Excellent. Thank you.

• qurratulain

they said that "The postcode you entered contains characters that aren't allowed." when i entered my 5 numerical postal code in the, i m from karachi pakistan. what shoud i do now, form is not submitted without entreng postal code in the field. awaiating, reply ASAP

Fill out the form here

Make sure you enter an email address that you have access to in order to get a response. Create a GMail, Yahoo, or other webmail account if necessary. Once you have access to your Hotmail account again, update your profile to include another valid email address and/or mobile phone number (so an unlock code can be texted to you in the future).

• Blogger Man

WARNING: Use at your own risk and do not pay for services.

If your hotmail account has been blocked or hacked, you can get help at
      My Hotmail account was blocked last thursday, but I got it working normally on saturday with their help.

• suzanna

i only want my one email account which is [removed email] so will you send me my 7 number code to [removed phone] last time i asked i got a 3 digit one and that wasn't getting accepted. this code business is a bit stupid I just want it back so I can access as normal like before. thanks suzy