Can I restore my Google Drive after deleting everything by accident?

Achraf52 August 14, 2012

Hi,

While trying to test the recent Google Drive offline mode I setup everything to show all my documents in the offline folder. I thought it would be fine to delete them locally to just work on new documents using it, as I thought they’re also in the cloud, so I did and emptied my trash.

I soon found out that they also are deleted online so I have no way to restore them. I sent a request to chat with Google but in the meantime I would like to know if there’s anything I can do as my files are important personal and business data that I could not afford to lose. Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks in advance.

1. Sashi Peiris

Google drive has a recycle bin called "bin". It should have all your files in o=it

2. Justin Fortin

If you still have a copy on your hard drive, yes. If not... you're probably screwed.

3. ferdinan Sitohang

if you integrate you google drive with another program such as dropbox and you ever sync it, then it has a possibility to retrieve your data from your computer dropbox, but if it is not, then i'm not sure you can restore that, since you already delete from your trash.

• Achraf52

No it is only there .

• ferdinan Sitohang

Here is my advice, all documents in google drive is exist when you open an attachment directly in your gmail account. So if you still have your email there, try to find all the email which has all the files you need, open it through your browser, and it will directly addedd to your google drive.

4. Burhan Ahmed

https://support.google.com/drive/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2405957

According to their support deleted files are moved to trash inside your Google account. They will be automatically removed after some time

5. Erlis Dhima

If Google synchronise these files with a folder of your hard disk, I hardly believe that your files will come back... But, if there is a temp 'recycle bin' for those files, I believe you should find it, since sometimes they have a limit of keeping the files, before permanently deleting them...