How can I restore data to an iPhone using iCloud?

Jay Fox July 11, 2012

I had an iPhone 4 but I drowned it. I was backing up regularly to iCloud – not iTunes. A friend gave my an old iPhone 3S and I’m trying to transfer my information to this new phone, but it doesn’t work. How can I do this?

1. Freud Iomc

You'll have to upgrade the device to iOS 5 or 6 to be able to get the iCloud. Once upgraded set your device to use iCloud and the rest should be automagic.

2. Dawud Mehmood

restore the phone then it will ask u if u wana use icloud

3. how to fix error 3194

Whenever I try to restore my iPhone 4, the following error occurs: The iPhone “kaaroo” clould not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194).how to fix error 3194 Why do I get error 3194 when trying to restore my iPhone 4?

iCloud requires iOS 5 or later on the device

If you have an iPhone 3G the latest version available is iOS 4.2.1 and you will not be able to restore from the iCloud

If you have an iPhone 3GS the latest version available is iOS 5.1.1 make sure you are running the latest version. Then reset the device:
    Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings

Once the device is booted up again follow the steps – you will be asked to connect to a WiFi, input your iCloud details and then you can select the backup to restore from.

• Shaiden Hutchman

You can also navigate to the iCloud panel in your settings menu and ensure that your iCloud is signed in and all the sync toggles are switched to on.

• James Knapp

I would not recommend using the erase all content and settings option instead choose the top option of just erase all settings. If for any reason you are not able to restore from the icloud backup (i.e. backup corrupted , not getting internet access to icloud, icloud services are down) you will be dead in the water at that point with no data on your phone till you get to a computer with iTunes or can restore. other wise Mike is right on after the reset you will get the setup screen and as long as you connect to a wifi network you will have the option to restore from an icloud backup

iCloud: Backup and restore overview
    you need iOS 5 device