How can I restore an Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad without iTunes?
Question by subbu /

How can I restore or Flash the iPod/iPhone/iPad without using iTunes?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• theiphoenhacker

download idevicerestore.

if you use other methods than the ones recommended by Apple you can loose the warranty of Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad 

• Richard Carpenter

There are a few methods out there, but I wouldn’t recommend any of them. The risk would be too high, in my opinion. 

• Subbu

Thanking u,
      My device is out of warranty.No problem with risk .

• Richard Carpenter

Well, I actually meant turning your phone into a paperweight… Trying to restore with software other iTunes, there is a good chance of bricking the phone.

You can restore to factory defaults via Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

You can upgrade the firmware without iTunes if you are running iOS 5 via Settings > General > Software Update.

You can’t restore or flash without iTunes if your iOS device is broken, in recovery or DFU mode.