How can I restart a frozen computer?

tammy May 4, 2011

My computer needed my Adobe Flash Player reinstalled. When I went in to uninstall to reinstall my computer seems to have frozen. I cannot click anything on the start menu and I did an update on Windows that was recommended. When I hit the restart the screen flashes and nothing else happens. And I cannot restart or shut down from start menu. What can I do and what has happened? If anyone that could help I would appreciate it.

Tammy,

you can shut off your computer with what is called a cold reboot: simply hold down the power button on your computer until it shuts down. You have to hold it for several seconds and it will simply shut down. Wait a few seconds and then click it again to boot the computer.

Please let us know whether this worked and if you were able to reinstall your Adobe Flash Player. Thank you!