How do I resolve Google drive ‘conflict’ errors with text files on a Windows PC?

Drsunil V January 3, 2014

How can I resolve Google drive text file ‘conflict’ sync errors on my Windows PCs? The sync does not happen seamlessly. The changes do not reflect in synced text file between two windows computers with Google drive app. Instead new text files are repeatedly created with new name ‘abc {conflict1}.txt .2,3 etc.

1. Will Thomas

This is getting pretty ridiculous. I use two Neat scanners, one desktop, the other portable, to scan receipts for my business. When setting up the desktop scanner & software, I chose my Google Drive as the location for the database file, then, when setting up the software & scanner on my laptop, I mapped to the existing Google Drive database.

At first, things worked well but recently, I've been trying to "catch up" on 2013 and get those receipts scanned so I can finish my tax returns. today, I noticed that there are now FIVE separate databases, four of which have the dreaded [Conflict] filename tag. There are three different file sizes so potentially two of the files are identical. I'm afraid any attempt I make to consolidate files in order to get all of my receipts into ONE file will result in duplicate entries that will then have to be purged. There is 12 months of receipts here (almost)! and potentially 5x duplication if I have to merge all five files on the vast majority of them!

Why doesn't Google Drive alert me to the confilct instead of just creating another file? At least if I had a heads' up, I'd potentially be able to determine the root cause of the confilct.

Better yet, why cant Google Drive identify the conflict for me and tell me why there is a confilict?

When changes sync to other people's Google Drives
    https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375037?hl=en&ref_topic=2375186
    If two people make changes to the same file, both versions will be available online in the file’s revision history. Only the latest version of a file will be available every collaborator’s Google Drive folder.

• Drsunil V

hi. You mentioned " Only the latest version of a file will be available every collaborator’s Google Drive folder." , Does it imply version including changes made on two workstations , or newest change made on a single workstation?

probably every one will get the latest version if the file is on sync