How do I resize scanned images to post to Ebay?

Still Jody B January 19, 2012

I just started using an Epson 315 Workforce scanner. I need to scan images of magazine covers to post on Ebay- of course, the images come out too large. What is the proper config. that I would use? Is there free imaging software that could perhaps scale it down to proper measurements, while keeping the same basic image ratio?

1. Jay.0

In addition to the inbuilt software, you have the option of uploading the image on facebook , which automatically scales down the image. right click and save the image.
    eg. : 4000 x2296 to 720 × 413 (tested)

All the answers above are good. Here are my top two suggestions:
    1. Use your scanner to scan at 72PDI (or it may be labelled "to screen") which will result in the images appearing life-size on the screen.
    2. If that's still too big, use IrfanView. It's small, fast and has a batch conversion option that will allow you to convert multiple files in one go should you need that.

3. Jay.0

Right click on image and open with ms office picture manager.
    edit photo > Resize.

You can resize with ms paint by setting the blue points of the image.

You will find more programs when you right click and select "open with".

Hello, also most times when you install the software included with printer you can accomplish this really easy.  It is just a matter of selecting a webprint friendly format.  Most of them include this by default.  

5. Dave Parrack

Most imaging software will allow you to resize an image. Even MS Paint which is built into Windows 7. Open the file in Paint and click on Resize. Then you can do so by Percentage or Pixels. Just ensure the Maintain Aspect Ratio option is selected.

If you want to use something a little more advanced than Paint then RIOT - http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/ - should fulfill all your needs.