How can I best resize partitions on a 4TB GPT disk?

smallant456 January 22, 2011

One of my friends has a 4TB GPT disk and now some partitions are not used in a suitable way. Some partitions are almost full, while some are free. So he really wants to resize them to a more effective distribution. He asked me to help him. Any solutions?

I know some kinds of software can solve these problems. But I don’t know which software can support 4TB. So I ask for help here.

So any recommendations? Freeware is better?
Thank you in advance!

1. smallant456

Thank you for your advice. I will download it for a try.

EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition can do that for you. The Home edition is free but they also have the Professional edition which is paid. It is compatible with the following operating systems 2000/xp/vista/Windows 7 32/64 bit. The new edition supports disks up to 4TB and you can use it with GPT partitions.

http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

I recommend to backup your system before using any partitioning software. There are always risks. Hope it helps.