Why residents from certain countries exempt by Facebook from participating in Giveaways?

Bill March 12, 2011

Why are residents of Belgium, Norway, Sweden, and India exempt by Facebook from participating in Giveaways?

1. FF4sux

what if, as a resident of one of those FB proscribed countries, I don't even have an account with Facebook? Will MakeUseOf.com still behave like such a spineless jellyfish who *must* comply with FB's regulations? It's FB, for God's sake, not FB*I*!!!

• Pauly

I'm with FF4sux on this. I'm sick and tired of conforming to FB on this that and the other. As a thinking Human Being who refuses to get sucked into FB, or any other social networking site for that matter, I get so P*ssed Off at needing to join to be able to enter competitions. After all I have a life to live. There's only so much left in the Bank of Time. Funnily enough I can only make withdrawals, never deposits.

• Auroramacx

both of you should stop being such self-centered crybabies... if you don't want to abide by the rules, then take your ball and go home... WITHOUT WHINING ABOUT IT...

2. pceasies

Normally they are excluded because of the countries' laws or shipping costs.

Bill,

here is the link for the Facebook Promotion Guidelines.

4. ├Žnon1mus

Bill,

We promote our giveaways on Facebook and we are required to conform to their promotional guidelines, specifically items 2.4.2 and 2.4.3. This is always stated at the end of our giveaway posts.