How can I reset the screen resolution in Windows?

Brittany September 11, 2011

I was changing some programs in my computer when the screen went black and when it came on it was like it was in Safe Mode. The screen is really big. I was wondering how do I get it back to the normal settings?

Hi Brittany,

Were you able to reset the resolution on your system? Do you need any more help on this from us? Let us know.

Aibek

you can uninstall the driver then reboot and let windows to install a new one.

upon booting Press F8 when you start the computer and select start in safe mode. Safe mode uses 640 x 480 @ 60 Hz so you should be able to change the resolution back to what it was.
    Right click on the desktop and click Properties, and then on the Settings tab.Now click and drag the Screen Resolution slider to the far left ... you want the smallest settings that your screen will support. Typically that'll be 640x480, or 800x600.Also change the Color Quality dropdown to 256 colors, or whatever is lowest. (You probably don't need to go as low as 16 colors, if that's presented as an option.)Now, click on the Advanced button, and then theMonitor tab of the resulting dialog box. Change theScreen refresh rate to 60 Hertz.

• Jeffery Fabish

Or just go to start -> control panel -> display (or start -> search for "display") and in the top left of the display application, chose "change resolution". Then press "detect" and "identify". If that fails just adjust the resolution yourself till it looks right.