How can I reset an IMEI unlocked tethered jailbreak iPhone 4 with iOS 5?
Question by Arenkaba Aier /

I own an iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 tethered jailbreak bb 4.12.01 Sim got locked.

I recently had it unlocked from a shop. Now I need to reset phone, but the tethered jailbreak disables me from doing that. I was wondering if I could restore with a .ipsw like iOS 6 or 5.1.1 etc and finish the unlock process?

Thank you sooooo very much!

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Anish Parameshwaran

If you update the iOS to the most recent version, it should allow you to reset the phone entirely and you will lose the jailbreak, but not the unlock, since, i’m guessing that the unlock was done by the phone service.

• Unlockboot

The baseband 4.12.01 can’t be unlocked with gevey sim. You need to use factory unlock service – this service works on any baseaband and any iOS firmware.

UnlockBoot

• Raghav Gupta

Connecting with iTunes can solve the problem. Just put in DFU mode and then connect and do full restore

• Boni Oloff

What it said? Because I also use 4S and retail unlocked, and i jailbreak it.
    Reset must be working properly, but if you try to do fresh installation with iOS5 IPSW, then you must save the SSH Bloobs.

There are various jailbreak tools available and you didn’t mentioned that.You can try to restore by downloading iOS 6 or 5.1.1 .ipsw file from the tool’s site and try to restore it.In future,if your phone gets recovered and you want to jailbreak,then use untethered jailbreak so as to avoid any such situation.