How can I reset my forgotten password and access Windows 7?

Mallesh August 13, 2011

I forgot my password. How I can get my Windows 7 password back without formatting?

1. Article

1. If you have an live CD you can reset it using chntpw application 2. You can use Bart's PE + Password Renew to reset the password You can use Offline NT Password Editor to reset the password. You can use Windows Password Rescuer tool to reset/remove the password Detailed instructions on using any of the 3 are available over

2. Cocoshen86

Hi, you can try Windows Login Recovery Professional. this tool is professional in recovering windows password.

3. Yozman

any password reset tool will delete all encrypted data, so if you know the password is something easy for a computer to crack, if might be a safer bet to try Ophcrack first, it can usually get the password within 15 min (from the time you insert the CD/DVD/USB-drive).

If there is another administrator available, log into his/her account and go to the terminal (start -> run: cmd.exe)

Once the terminal opens, type net user username*
    Replace "username" with whom's password is "forgotten". Leave the asterisk. Other than that, either use OPHCrack or PCLogMeIn. Both of which require than you burn to a CD/DVD or pen drive and boot from it.