How do I reset an administrator password?

Anonymous February 19, 2014

I have lost the password to log into the only administrator account. How do I reset the password? I didn’t save it to a flash drive or take any other means to record or save it.

1. Sathish K

you can type the following command on command prompt
    using an another login which has Administrator level access user account

net user administrator new_password

2. Simranjeet S

I can reset any windows password with a small but powerfull tool, But It is paid..

check Oron method

3 Ways to Reset Forgotten Windows Administrator Password
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-ways-to-reset-the-forgotten-windows-administrator-password/

Assuming that you mean a Windows login password, you need a password reset disk. I use Peter Nordahl's disc, which you can download from http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ .

There are other products that are just as good. Basically, you download the ISO file, write it to CD or USB with a suitable software utility (details available on the site with the software), boot the computer from it, choose the drive and system (there's usually just one of each in the majority of systems), choose the user (again, just one in your case) and choose to reset the password. The software blanks out the password so you can log on again and set yourself a new password.

• thomas

i have no idea what this jargon means. i'm smart enough to do it but it has to be EXPLAINED to me as though you were TEACHING it to a SEVEN YEAR OLD. i don't know what an ISO means; or "suitable software utility (details available on the site with the software)"; or "boot the computer from it, choose the drive and system". actually, if you lay it out as "STEP 1....STEP 2....ETC" and/or "CHOOSE A...or CHOOSE B".

• Susendeep D

Thomas,

You can find step by step instructions in the below link -

How to Reset a Windows XP or Vista Password