How can I reply to an answer on MakeUseOf Answers?

Peter Baker December 26, 2010

This may sound silly but I’ve just started using MakeUseOf and I would like to know how do I reply to someone who has answered one of my previous questions?

Peter,

our comment system is powered by Disqus. You should see a comment box at the very bottom of all comments left in response to your question. Sometimes, for reasons I don't know, this box doesn't load.

If it does load, you can type in your comment and then, if you're not yet logged in, click the Post as... button. To post your reply, you can log in using various accounts, for example Facebook or Twitter. You can also post as a guest and just enter a name and eMail address.

Does this answer your question? In case you can not reply here, feel free to eMail me: tina at makeuseof dot com

There are a few possible scenarios. What I recommend is that you simply use another browser. The comment system may work in Chrome if it doesn't in Firefox and vice verse. Often, emptying your cache and removing all Disqus related cookies helps to restore display of the comment box. If by chance you see a weird ad loading inside the comment box, which prevents you from typing, simply reload the page.

• Susendeep dutta

Sometimes the comment does not get posted because the disqus shows the error-
      application error:[object]-[object]

I have not seen this error, yet. Thanks for pointing it out!
        Looks like a lot can go wrong with Disqus.

Hey Susendeep,

Can you please send us a screenshot of the error along with your browser
        version. We will try to replicate the problem.

Aibek