How can I replace Windows 7 with Windows XP on my laptop?
Question by MD. ALMAMUN /

I want to install Windows XP on a laptop, but I can’t get it to work. I’m trying to downgrade from Windows 7

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• aasia

i wana install window xp in my laptop?can u tell me about its proceger.

if you have the windows xp genuine cd, and serial then you can format windows 7 and install windows xp, or you can create a second partition in dual mode once you migrated all files from 7 to xp then format the partition containing windows 7.

Hello, Do you have a windows xp installation disk?  What have you tried that didn’t work? Has it failed when you tried installing xp on top of windows 7? What error/errors are you getting?  If that is the case, the best way would be to do a clean install.  When you do a clean instal you start your operating system fresh and without errors. 

It is very important for you to check if there is XP drivers available for your laptop before doing any thing else.  Make sure to backup anything you want to keep like pictures, documents, etc.  You could try using the file and transfer utility to keep some of this things you need and once xp is installed you can transfer it from there.  If your laptop has SATA hard drive and your XP installation disk contains only service pack 2, you will need to get the SATA drivers to install windows XP.  If your XP installation contains service pack 3, you should be ok. 

After backing up everything you want and make sure to have drivers available, insert your installation disk in disk tray and change boot up order in BIOS to start from disk.  Once that is done, follow the instructions and that should be it.