Can I replace my USB mouse wire?

ASHAY January 16, 2012

I have broken my wire partially of mouse and I want to ask if I can get it removed and replaced with another USB wire. My mouse is Razor Abyssus.

Hello, if you have the know how and the tools if is possible.  It is not worth it though because of how cheap the mouse are nowadays.

2. Smayonak

You can always solder a broken USB wire. It only takes a little knowledge of soldering, a wire stripper, a soldering iron, solder and electrical tape. Basically you cut out the section of damaged wire, use the stripper to expose bare wire and then use the soldering iron to apply solder to connect two sections of cable.

I'm sure the wire can be replaced, as well, but it's probably easier and safer to just buy a new mouse. Some technicians might be willing to do a quick repair for cheap, but, sadly, soldering is rarely part of a technician's skillset nowadays - because of how cheap it is to replace most computer components. Still, if you really don't want to lose the mouse, you may want to try calling around.

you can try that operation, if the mouse is under warranty then get the help support.
    http://www.razerzone.com/warranty

Open up the mouse, remove the connections from the cable. Then take a new USB cable (the same as the original) and you connect (soldering iron) it exactly the same way. Good luck.