How can I replace multiple files at once?

Jonas Nordgren October 22, 2012

I need a program that will replace “x”.dll in a series of programs with an updated version of the “x”.dll.
I have many of these and I dont feel like manually replacing the “X”dll’s for 20+ programs.

1. Rakesh Mishra

hey please elaborate your question

2. Aniket Singh

please provide more information related to ur question........

Batch file commands has an example of Menu Creation with copying.

Recursively find and replace files

perhaps a sync software that support multiple directory.

4. Jonas Nordgren

there is a copy of x.dll found in over 20 program folders, i have made a modified one, i want to find and replace all copies of the dll with my modified dll. cant be much more specific, the program does not update with my modified dll, it replaces it with another dll. so i have been doing it all one-byone but i thought id check to see if there is a faster way.

5. Ahmed Khalil

no software avaliable to do this as i know

If this is a DLL with common functionality used by multiple programs, why isn't is registered as a system DLL so you only need to have one copy of it on the system in the first place?

I don't know but you need something like incremental backup like mechanism is file copying.

8. Dino Pearsons

I honestly haven't seen an app like that anywhere. If it's something you have to do on a regular basis, I think you might want to consider writing a batch script which would do it for you.

9. Boni Oloff

I don't really clear what you mean.
    You can copy all the files to the folder and click replace all.

10. Douglas Mutay

Please, be more specific. Why are you willing to manually replace it yourself? Can't the program do it itself with automatic update?

11. tanveeer khan

A file system (or filesystem) is a means to organize data expected to be retained ... Some file systems allow multiple programs to update the