Do I need to replace my CPU?

Susendeep dutta November 16, 2010

My PC is 4 years old. I have 250 GB HDD, 1 GB RAM, Intel Pentium D dual core 2.8 GHz, 18x DVD writer, wired – mouse and keyboard. AMI BIOS.

For many months I have been facing problems like motherboard beeping.
It first started from 1 and reached upto 11 steadily. It used to beep everyday sometimes 4 or 5 or 3 etc. I have called technician who did such that with motherboard wiring that it stopped beeping, but presented many video driver related issues. So I told him to revert it to same condition. He also told me that to change my keyboard which he proved by booting my PC without the keyboard.

Is there any need to change my whole CPU? If yes, please suggest me a energy efficient and mid level configuration that can run Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Hi
    For Socket AM2 940

on the raange 50-60 US dollars
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 3800+
    AMD Athlon 64 4200+ X2 Dual Core
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5200+

• Susendeep dutta

Thanks for the configuration as it was confusing for me searching the whole sites .

Hi
    Well, if there is no update for the bios then you can reinstal the bios again, hope that your graphical card is suitable for your motherboard. Also possible you have to think updating configuration by buying new units.

• Susendeep dutta

Can you suggest a mid level AMD CPU configuration?As I'm on a budget and energy efficient.

Hi

TRy to reset CMOS, or even replace the battery http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

then check The Bios, and reset to default, also try to find out if there is a new Bios available, get help to flash it!

some beeping motherboards is that the Graphics card has become dislodged due to case movement, or cables being yanked at the back of the PC. Memory (RAM) chips can also become dislodged and this can happen quite frequently if a motherboard has not been seated correctly within the case.

check your ram and clean it!

Go to: start/control panel/system/hardware/device manager. The problem should be visible straight away.

Quickly look at the list. The sound video and game controller may have a colored warning sign. If it has we found the problem. click on it. It open a menu with a list of controllers, one of which should have a warning on it as well. open the warning and a menu will appear with five headings and the device status. Choose driver.and then choose update driver. Windows will look for a newer or better driver and if it does not find one, it will try to repair the driver.

Also check if the the computer date is not been reset to many years back

• Susendeep dutta

My motherboard is now out of market and hence no BIOS update.

I have seated all parts correctly and RAM has been cleaned.

In device manager Multimedia video controller driver is not there and is also not supplied by motherboard vendor.Updating driver didn't worked.So the technician disabled the device.

My computer date is reset .

I have done all but still the problems exists.

HiWell if you would like to change your pc, then go for a processor intel e8400, and buy a graphic card like nvidia 8600GTS (best will be like nvidia 8800GTS, for windows 7 aero effect). Concerning motherboard you can try GA P35DS3L or GA-P35-DS3R Before going to this reinstal your windows and see if still you face those kind of problems

• Susendeep dutta

I have reinstalled windows 2 times as during first time I done this to remove this but the problem continued to show up even during installation.this resulted that after 2 days of installation my pc stopped to boot and corrupted my OS files.

so I have to reinstall the OS once again and the problem still exists.