How can I repair my MacBook using a downloaded .ISO of OS X Lion?

Rahul singh March 30, 2012

I have a MacBook that is not booting because of corrupt system files. My repair DVD is lost, so I tried downloading OS X Lion as an .ISO from the Internet. Now, how can I create a bootable Mac install USB on my Windows 7 laptop that will repair the MacBook? Thanks.

1. Mulder

What makes you think your Mac has corrupt system files? Unless you received an error message telling you that (there isn't one that says that), you're taking a wild guess, and that's not helpful for you.

What version of Mac OS X are you running on it? Unless you're running Lion on it, that illegal download is not going to do anything for you.

First you need to find out the exact problem and then you can work towards a solution. Downloading illegal and questionable files from the Internet is not the route you should be taking.

Go to the Apple Discussions forums and post your exact problem there (http://discussions.apple.com); there are lots of smart people who are willing to help in any way they can, legally.