How can I repair the loose power button of an Ultra Flip video camera?

Susan October 16, 2010

I have an Ultra Flip video camera that I cannot power on. The toggle button is loose and will not connect. Is there an easy fix? Or a hard one?

1. Leanna_elkins

I need to now how to fix my pc button it came lose. Can anyone give me informarion on how to fix it

2. Alfalconer_3

i realise this is an old thread but thought id ask anyway. my flip has similar problems iv trawled the web and found many ideas but none seem to work for me all i get is a blinking white light for hours wish i had some way of testing the circuits as thats all i can think that i havent checked.

Please post it as a new question. You're much more likely to get a wroking fix this way.

Hi
    there is a review on how to take apart (Disassembling the Flip) flip
    http://www.geeked.info/how-to-take-apart-the-flip-video-ultra/

Hold down the power button and the red button simultaneously until the camera shuts off (takes about 10 seconds). Then, just press the power button again and the camera should turn back on.

or

1. Adjust the power options on your laptop to ensure it does not sleep/hiberate ever.
    2. Reset the camcorder by inserting a paperclip into the hole in the tripod mount. Hold the paperclip in there for about seven seconds.
    3. Then immediately plug the flip into the cpu.
    4. You may not see anything besides the little blinking white light on the USB arm for a while (about 30 minutes maybe) but leave it in.
    5. Eventually it should spring to life and show the recharging battery on the little screen (the Flip Share program may start too.)
    6. Leave it charging until the little white light stops flashing - full charge about 3 hours.
    7. You can then remove the flip and change the power settings back to normal.

• Jeff

I don't think you understood this question ha14. If the lady's problem is the same as mine, the power button on the side is Broke. I can push it in real far and nothing happens. Today, I had the camera turned on after playing with it a bit, and then I could not turn it off. Pushed the power button inside as far as it would go with a pen, and the camcorder would not turn off. We are talking here about the button being broken and not making contact inside it seems.

Jeff

• Leanna

Notging can really help it the unless u fix the button ask someone 4 help or buy a new camra