How to repair a corrupt Zip file?

Marry S December 20, 2013

Hi,

I’d like to know how to repair corrupt zip file after a compressed zip folder became corrupted. I tried many times to extract zip files from zipped compress databases but could not recover my data from zip files. So in such a deleterious condition, what should I do that to fix zip files conveniently? Please give me welfare suggestion so that I could retrieve my crucial document files from zip folder.

Marry from India

1. Alan W

Which compression utility did you use?

You can use free version of DiskInternals ZIP Repair which does its work and doesn't have much features in free version.

But it's suitable for what you want to achieve.

install winrar then open the interface you should see repair button on the top bar.

there is also keep broken files option in winrar, right click on the archive then click on winrar then extract Files on the pop menu there is a box Keep Broken Files under Miscellaneous so check the Box.

4. Derick

could you please say how the zip file got corrupt?

if you ware downloading please re-download the file, otherwise it can`t be repaired, but if it got corrupt on your system it may be repaired....