Can I repair my Battlefield 3 install so I don’t have to download the whole 24GB again?

Abdulah Osmi?evi? October 18, 2012

Hi,

Windows went wrong today and I tried to repair it without success. Formatted C drive, got a new copy of Windows 7 x64 on it and have reinstalled all my programs etc.

Now I’ve got Battlefield 3 installed on the D drive where I store all my games. I’ve installed Origin, but it wants me to download the whole game again. There appears to be no repair Battlefield 3 option.

Does anyone know how to set it up so I wont have to download 24 GB worth of game again?

1. Erlis Dhima

If have formatted your computer, then you have to reinstall it using your DVD copy (or the setup you downloaded).
    Whatever way you might use to repair games, the best option is to reinstall them again..
    Games (or whatever program), creates registry keys to run. (Which are deleted when windows is formatted.)
    For games, is recommended reinstalling, since they also use your graphics driver..
    If you repair them, there will be surely bugs when your run and/or play the game!
    If you have deleted the setup, sorry, but you have to download it again!
    If you want a windows without bugs, and also good performance of your games too, reinstall all the applications.

• Abdulah

Well, I solved it myself.

Just need to install Origin, go to settings, then select the BF3 folder and it will automatically install the game without any problems.

If its a russian version of the game, but you want it to be english then simply edit the registry for en_US and it will work just like before :D

Thanks for the answers tho
      Cheers