Can I rename .do file extention to .pdf using Automator on the Mac?
Question by Keshav Bhat /

There is a web based application that downloads PDF files with a .do file extension. Preview on Mac will not allow me to open, unless I change the extension to PDF.

Can I use Automator to change the extension of every file I download with .do extension immediately to a .pdf file extension?

• Vivek Kumar Yadav

yes you can but you will not get the desired result…it will change the extension only…properties ll remain intact

• Vivek Kumar Yadav

yes you can but it ll not change the properties of the file…you have to use file converter to get proper results…

• Erlis Dhima

Probably it’s what ha14 said! But if you have tried renaming the downloaded files, and they worked, then do a manual renaming.. Bear with it!

Web-based Java program run by a Web server that supports Java, such as Tomcat or IBM WebSphere; typically mapped to the Struts controller, which processes the file; used for generating dynamic Web pages.

Some webinar programs may generate DO files that are formatted as .VCS files. Changing the file extension to “.vcs” may allow these files to be imported into various scheduling programs.

NOTE: The “.do” extension may also be a URL mapping scheme for a Web application and not a file extension. For example, the Struts framework often uses the “.do” string for mapping Java servlet actions in the web.xml configuration file.

The file extension is for Java servlets
    *.do URLs may not even refer to files at all! It depend on how the server is configured.

open in preview, internet browser (Safari, Firefox…) perhaps You need the full URL (host and path) then you can open it in a web browser. If you can open in web browser then save/print it as PDF.

How to Change a File Extension Batch on a Mac –

http://www.ehow.com/how_6193238_change-file-extension-batch-mac.html

You can also use script which is present in the link below for Automator (see under 5 – 9. Automator Actions For Web Designers)-

http://maketecheasier.com/20-useful-automator-scripts-for-mac-os-x/2008/12/08

• Naveen Kumar

not yet tried . try it if you want to

• Yiz Borol

Have you tried?
    What are your results?