How can I remove the login password on Windows startup?

jim February 22, 2010

Could someone tell me how to remove the start up login password from my computer.

Under such circumstances, you may need the help of other software. There are some free softwares can settle the problem such as Ophcrack, Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Cain & Abel v4.9.31. However, when you operate these softwares, the disadvantages are obvious. You may lose your patience if you experience them.
    If you want to reset your password easily and timely , some softwares with high capability price can help you. For example, Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0, Windows Password Key, Password Recovery Bundle, etc...

Related guide:

2. pceasies

Start > Run
    control userpasswords2

Uncheck the box at the top that says users needs a username and password. Hit apply and input your login name and pass. Next time you startup, it should automatically log you on.

On Windows 98, if you click Cancle at login, you log in on an Administrator Account.

So if you follow my steps I provided above to go into User Account Control Panel, check to see if you are using an account you created. ie an account with your name. If you see Administrator (or even guest) then you will be using one of those accounts. If you create your own user account (and don't assign a password to it), then this should solve your problem. Once you turn your computer on, it will go straight to the desktop.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Are you referring to Windows startup/login screen or the boot screen that you see right after you start the computer.

5. James The Artist

There's another aspect to this question as well. I've noticed after doing fresh installs of XP SP2, after some point in the update process, user welcome screen options are disabled by a certain executable, but all windows offers is a clue to the file by giving you a 'athina.dll' or something similar,( I don't have the exact file name handy just now ), and then you're just supposed to guess what the process is disabling it. It is very annoying, and when helping newbies can add to their learning curve, so I would like to know how to disable that particular file! Thanks!

Hey James

I found something about this error, check out the link below

• James The Artist

Fabulous! Thank you! But one quick thing: How do you back up the registry? Thanx! :)

Go to Start -> Run -> type 'regedit' (without quotes) -> File menu ->
          Export (this will ask you for a name and location of your registry
          backup file)

• James The Artist

Thank you!

Please tell us what operating system you have so we can provide you with detailed instructions.

However, click on start, control panel, find user accounts (it may be worded differently) click on your user account, then click remove password.

In future, please provide us with as much detail, so we can help you in as much detail.