How to remove Windows Live Mail sign in so I can access my laptop?

February 1, 2014

This chick got hold of my laptop and made her Windows Live Mail account the sign in for the computer.

I can not access my operating system unless I have the password to her Live Mail account. There is no chance of that she did this maliciously.

How do I get rid of the Windows Live Mail sign in?

1. Greg

I was able to download the ophcrack disc, set up the bios to run it.
    When I run the disk the start screen comes up ophcrack live and starts to do it's thing until it comes up on the first set of yellow ok's then it goes blank. I made 3 extra disks and it shuts down In the same place on all disks. What is happening

2. greg

ophcrack disc only runs for 30 seconds then screen goes blank.

3. greg

ophcrack disc only runs for 30 seconds then screen goes blank

4. Greg

When I run the disk the start screen comes up ophcrack live and starts to do it's thing until it comes up on the first set of yellow ok's then it goes blank. I made 3 extra disks and it shuts down In the same place on all disks. What is happening?

5. greg

Yes, I still need help

• dragonmouth

Google "ophcrack" for the download address and instruction on how to use it.
      Download Ophcrack for Vista.
      Burn it to a CD
      Follow instructions on how to use it to recover the password

6. dragonmouth

Why can't you ask the chick for the password?

If for some reason you can't get her to provide the password, Google "ophcrack" and see if that helps.

After you log into your computer through the Microsoft account, move the mouse cursor to the upper right corner of the screen, click on Change PC Settings, select Users, and then under the Users menu, click on Switch to Local Account, or select the local account you originally created. You will then be able to select a local account or create a new one. Another way can be found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/switch-between-local-and-microsoft-accounts/.

• Greg

I am sorry, I did not elaborate that vista is the operating system. When the screen comes up I get the time and date in the lower left corner along with the ease of access and airplane mode icons. When I hit enter I get the windows live log in bar with the e mail she must have obtained to screw my computer up. I get no other options

the question is for windows vista apparently, so perhaps the way is not the same as windows 8?

• Dalsan M

Sorry,I missed the Vista part. If you do not use or have a Microsoft login, I would uninstall Live Essentials and anything associated with Live. If this doesn't help, get back to us.

• Bruce E

@Greg: Are you really sure that you are running Vista? From what you describe here, it sounds more like Windows 8 or 8.1. Microsoft's Live Essentials does not provide a way to use it to log into the machine itself. It does have a unified login for all of its individual components and it can be linked to the local account on Windows XP through Windows 7, but you cannot set it up to use the Live account to log into those operating systems.