How can I remove URL suggestions from my browser URL bar?

Jordan February 4, 2011

Whenever I type in www in my address bar, there are addresses that pop up that I’d like to get rid of. How do I do this? I am using a HP laptop, Windows Vista, Intel Pentium Dual Core.

Check the last comment on this link about how to set up your browser to get rid of history, cookies, etc., when you exit. It is the same steps, just make sure to mark history to be deleted. Next time you open your browser it should be cleaned of previous sites you visited, so there should be no urls popping up.

Also make sure to change the days to keep history in your browser. This is a personal setting, in my case I set it to O and rely on bookmarks to go to sites.

-- Open IE
    -- Click on Tools
    -- Internet Options
    -- Find Browsing history heading
    -- Click on Settings
    -- Find History Tab
    -- On the days to keep history option >> change the default number to a lower one.

2. Ammadey Naxyr

if you are using Firefox you can turn this off by:
    click tools>options. Go to the privacy tab. There is a heading called "Location Bar" from the pop-down menu under it select "nothing". This will stop the suggestions.

in Internet Explorer you can:
    click Tools>Internet Options. go to "Content" tab. Under the heading "Auto Complete" press settings. From there you can uncheck the address bar. This will stop the suggestions.

When using Chrome:
    Click the wrench icon select options. go to the tab "under the hood". and the uncheck "Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar". This will stop suggestions.

• James123

thankssssssssssssss a lotttttt