How can I remove unnecessary ads shown in my browser?

DSP October 29, 2011

How to remove unnecessary ad in browser? Like when I browse Facebook, instead of Facebook picture, there appears an ad picture.

hmm, that "Download now and play now" ??
    use adblock plus it will be blocked:

and tell me what happened.

2. DSP

Hers the screen shot of you tube now the download link is there it keeps on changing, every time.

3. DSP

Hay, Lets make it clear, i know the regular ad of the facebook and other site like You Tube. For example the problem is like this when i browse facebook wall there appears an add picture Like of games, etc, in the middle of the wall and when i go to YouTube there appears an extra ad right below of the regular ad.  It has effected all the browser i have installed in my computer. i got to find out this when i use other laptop to do the samething, these ad makes web browsing really slow, i don't know is some short of virus or adware, when i scan my computer with anti virus it doesn't show any virus in my computer.

Try adblock plus...
      you can also try to system restore, to a point when the problem did not exist.
      Can you post a screenshot ?
      May be it is an adware on your pc, may be it is something else. screenshots will make it more clear.

• vvv

Did you find out the answer to your question? I have the same problem? I was also taking online advice but then had to change my computer because it got so bad.

Well, you forgot to mention what browser you use.

Yeah, AdBlock Plus is the best. It's available for Google Chrome (link) and Firefox (link). However, that alone may not be enough as some flash ads will persist. For that, use FlashBlock for Firefox (link) or Chrome (link).

Modern browsers have popup blockers built-in as well, make sure yours is enabled. However, if you support the website you are visiting, consider keeping the ads visible as this is a primary source of income for most websites. For more information on how to block ads, consider reading the following articles.

How To Block Annoying Ads in Firefox
    AdblockVideo: Block Annoying Video Ads [Firefox]
    Use Adblock To Block Online Ads and Malware
    How To Block Annoying Ads When Using The Opera Browser
    Stop Excessive & Annoying Video Ads On YouTube & Other Video Sites With AdBlockVideo [Firefox]

Pop ups by facebook are the processes for using the features of facebook.
      They are not ads. Do not block them. Select always allow popups from facebook.

You need to block flash ads on other sites and not on facebook, as it does not display flash ads or anything that alone adblock plus or adblock can't block by default.

• Jeff Fabish

I was not talking about Facebook, I was talking about ads in general. His question was not directed specifically at Facebook, he only used it as an analogy.

I had to allow facebook for popups several times, in firefox. so it's tested and checked already.

You can install adblock plus or adblock on your broswers. it will not show ads.

Actually facebook ads are displayed in the right side, not on your pictures.
    if installing adblocks does not solve this, take a screenshot and post in the comment.

PS: If you love, do not block ads on this site. :)
    for adblock plus : click the adblockplus icon and click on disable on
    for adblock: click adblock icon and click don't run on this domain.