How can I remove or uninstall Linux from my laptop?

Soaberah September 14, 2011

How can I remove / uninstall Linux from my laptop?

1. mohamed

by steps

If Linux is the only OS on the laptop, just boot off of a CD/DVD or USB device that has an OS installation program (Windows, etc). Reformat your hard drive (or delete all partitions, create a new partition, and reformat) and continue with the installation process.

If you only want to wipe out the hard drive, you can download dban, burn it to disc, boot from the CD and completely wipe out the contents of the hard drive.

• Susendeep Dutta

If you'd installed in within Windows OS as a program,you can simply go to add or remove programs to uninstall it just like you uninstall a program.

If it is a dual-boot system and you installed Linux with Wubi, you can go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features, find it in the list and uninstall it like any other program.

3. Ashwini Patankar

Go to Windows, right click My Computer choose Diskmanagement, and format the partitions containing Linux. Now, boot the machine with Windows CD and press R for get into repair mode, and when you will get a command prompt type "fixmbr" to fix the boot loader.

Format the hard drive with windows CD or with bootable Cd like Hirens Boot CD.