How can I remove tags of myself on a Facebook photo?

Ryan Soules June 24, 2010

I don’t want to be tagged on someone else’s photo of me on Facebook. How can I un-tag myself?

Tina is right, find the photo, and there will be a link to remove your tag. But that's not stopping anyone from tagging you again.

What you should do is set "Photos and videos I'm tagged in" to only me. By doing so, (I think), all photo's you are tagged in, no one else can see apart from the owner. I only know this because I wanted to show a friend a photo of me and they couldn't view it because it had people tagged in it and they are not friends. So if they had it set to friends only, that's why they can't see it, so if it's set to Only Me, only you and the photo uploaded should be able to see it in theory.

You can modify that setting at http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy and click Customise Settings.

• Jessica Cam W.

Just for clarification, after you hit 'Customize Settings', you'll find "Photos and videos I'm tagged in" in the second section. In the drop-down menu right next to this item, choose "Custom" and select "Make this visible to" and then "Only Me" in the drop-down menu right next to "These People:". Then hit "Save Setting" and you should be all set!

If there are some closer people you don't mind sharing your photos with, you could alternatively choose to share with "Selected people", or you can also hide your tagged photos from certain people as well.

Ryan,

that's fairly simple. You just go to the photo in which you are tagged, find your name below it and click on "remove tag". You have to be logged in for this to work.

I'm not sure whether it's possible to automatically un-tag yourself from multiple photos. If someone knows, please share!

• Jono1000a