How can I remove the recommended sidebar on YouTube even when I am not logged in?

Rimaz Nazeer April 8, 2012

How do I remove the recommended video sidebar on YouTube’s main page, even when I am not logged in? It would be nice if it’s a permanent solution. Thank you.

1. Youtube

I love youtube. And its simple, go on the right hand side top corner and click CLEAR.

2. Susendeep Dutta

You can remove sidebars and comments section of YouTube by following the tricks mentioned in the link below -

http://www.gtricks.com/youtube-tricks/remove-youtube-sidebar-ads-comments/

Or you can use Quietube bookmarklet -

http://quietube.com/

Rimaz,
    There are plenty of extensions that will allow you to do this, and do not rely on you being logged on. On Chrome for example you can use the "Youtube Options" extension. I'm sure there are equivalent ones for Firefox, just go into the Extensions window and search for "Youtube".

• rachel

can you tell where this youtube options is?

4. Perry Lee Bruner

There should be an "X" so you can close it off the page. I never see it on my YouTube page anymore, not after I x'ed it out, it has been gone every since.
    Good luck,
    Perryinjax Youtube channel :-)

• geek

If your browser is mozilla fireforx
      GO to FireFOx icon
      Options - Options
      Privacy Tab
      Click clear history link.....There you go.it will remove recommended videos from youtube

For IE Tools-advanced-clear history.

• geek

If your browser is mozilla fireforx
      GO to FireFOx icon
      Options - Options
      Privacy Tab
      Click clear history link.....it will remove recommended videos from youtube

For IE TOOLS - ADVANCE- HISTORY-CLEAR HISTORY

• member

geek way works ... thx brother ... in firefox privacy ... there is option not to remember history ... it will remove recommendation from sidebar