Can I remove NVIDIA software after I remove my GeForce graphics card?

KamilKozyra September 24, 2012

I physically removed my NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS and hooked my monitor to my motherboard.

Does this mean I should uninstall anything I see with NVIDIA off my PC?

1. Dimal Chandrasiri

the thing is, do you want to use any nvidia graphics card in the future? if so, don't waste time trying to remove the drivers. bt if you don't wont to use, use an uninstaller software to remove the components. revo uninstaller would be a great solution. it'll automatically clean your registry as well as what ever files that have been left after uninstallation.!

2. Henry Lahman

Go to control panel>hardware and sound>device manager to make sure nothing else is Nvidia (motherboard, on board graphics, some weird no component existent only in your machine, etc)
    then you could but it wouldn't make much of a difference
    Frankly if you really want to get rid of those you'd be much better off reinstalling windows (same goes for certain other programs *cough*Norton*cough*)

Even if you don't remove the drivers,remove any programs related to Nvidia that gets installed after driver installation from the list of system startup so as to allow your OS to boot faster.

4. HLJonnalagadda

Based on what motherboard you are currently using. Some boards use files that come with the nVidia driver. So check that first and uninstall if this is not the case.

5. salim benhouhou

its not necessarily to remove your nvidia drivers but it's a good idea to remove them
    i would suggest to remove them using " Your Unin-staller! " to remove them completely without leaving any files or registry keys .

http://www.ursoftware.com/

6. bonioloff

What's the problem? You can uninstall it for sure..
    You even uninstall everything from you computer :)

If you have new VGA, you must install the software based on the type..

Can you do it? Absolutely. Should you? It depends. Some motherboards use NVIDIA chipsets and if yours does, leave the drivers there. If it doesn't, you can safely remove them. Do you have to? No. If the hardware is not detected in the system, the drivers will not be loaded into memory anyway.

8. ferdinan Sitohang

It is an option, if you want to use the graphic card again in the future, no need to uninstall the driver, but if you do want to uninstall it, then it has no problem with your computer, since your motherboard graphic card has a different driver from your nvidia.