How can I remove MakeUseOf from my ‘interests and activities’ on my Facebook page?

Jennifer June 13, 2011

Although I like your company very much and have recommended
it to others your page appeared in my ‘interests and activities’ on my
Facebook page after I clicked your ‘like’ button.

I need to remove this. Facebook said you should have an ‘unlike button’ on your home page. As I have not been able to remove it in the normal fashion by just going under others and then removing it.

Could you please direct me to this area on your page? I cannot have this on my business home info page.

1. PissedAtTheZuck

Facebook instituted some changes on October 6th, including the revocation of any facility for the removal of liked third-party sites; the revocation of users' ability to unlike Facebook Pages from within the lists of Pages made available for viewing by drilling through the byzantine maze below "Edit Profile"; the limiting of users' ability to see more than 6 combined, liked Pages and websites at a given time. If one has reached the recently imposed upper limit, like me, then one may have 4,000 or so liked sites and Pages, a list which, in effect, is no longer editable.

• Madashellatthezuck 20 Moulty

I meant to mention that it was previously possible to *find* sites that had been liked, by entering it in Facebook's Search box. That's no longer possible, whether or not the site still exists. One is stuck "Liking" it forever.

Jennifer,

you should see an 'unlike button' in the very bottom in the left-hand sidebar (above 'Share' and 'Report Page') of the MakeUseOf Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/makeuseof

If you cannot spot the link right away, do a search for 'unlike' in your browser (press CTRL + F), while on our Facebook page.

You should also be able to 'unlike' us by going through this procedure: go to your Facebook profile, in the top right click on > Account >
    Edit Friends. In the left hand menu select > Pages. Find MakeUseOf
    and X it

• jennifersterlingdesign

Thank you for the publish and the reply.
      I've still had no luck though.

I've done the following:

1. 
      There wasn't an unlike button on the makeuseof home page by share, report etc. 
      I did a search both with control F and command F (I'm on a Macbook Air) and nothing came up.

2. 
      I went to my edit friends in facebook. However makeuseof wasn't there. ( I had never listed it as a friend.)

3. I've been to edit (other pages) in Facebook under Activities and Interests and it won't remove makeuseof although it will remove others.

Any other suggestions?

Jennifer,

I see two possibilities here:

1: You never liked MakeUseOf.
        2: You are not logged in with the account you 'liked' the page with, when you are trying to 'unlike' MakeUseOf.

If that's not the case, I'm out of ideas. Could you maybe link to the page where our updates show up?

• jennifer

Thank for all your advice...I'm tempted to keep makeuseof as a like just for the customer service...however now I really want to figure this out for future situations. I've done all of the above. 

(I have liked the page because it shows up under activities and interests on my facebook page yet I can't remove it.)