How can I remove the ‘Leave a Comment’ link from the 20-10 WordPress theme?

Sam May 14, 2011

I’ve been trying for the past 3 hours to try and get rid of the comments link at the end of each of my posts. Nothing is checked on the ‘Discussion’. I have tried some other minor edits to various PHP files that other users have posted. I even tried installing a no comment plug in, however, I can’t get rid of it.

I'm not a WordPress expert, but you might want to try using Firebug on Firefox. The extension allows you to see what part of the code is the comment system and you might be able to remove it entirely from the theme.

Activate Firebug, then click "Inspect". Hover your mouse above the element that you want to inspect and Firebug will tell you which part of the page is that. Then go to theme editor inside WordPress admin and delete that part.

To be honest, even though I've sucessfully tried the method to light-edit few WordPress theme, I haven't tried it to edit Twenty-Ten. I don't know whether this will work or not.

Sadly, twenty -ten despite being packaged with wordpress out of the box is perhaps the WORST theme ever for customization as it uses a ton of non-standard code, and has curious ways of using hooks and filters for everything. My honest suggestion would be to get a different theme and work from that. Personally I would never touch Twenty-Ten.