How can I remove information from search engines?

Harry November 17, 2010

How can I remove my previous company’s title name from Google and Yahoo as well?

1. Mark Tinger

A very effective, but sadly not cheap way is to use a Reputation Management Company. We had problems once with bad press and used a company called Clydestan http://www.clydestan.com. They buried the bad press somehow. As said, effective but not cheap. Always depends on what is written and how important iti is to have it removed.

Harry,

it is very difficult to remove information from search engines. First you need to get clear where that information comes from. Is it up to date information from a site / database or is it stored and backed up somewhere, reflecting out of date information from a source that has long since been updated?

I assume this is your own company, not a company you worked for. Are some website still mentioning the name of your previous company? Is the company website still up and running? Where else did your company leave traces?

Ryan wrote an article on How to Remove False Information about Yourself on the Internet. You can also use these strategies to remove information about a product or company that belongs to you.