How to remove filter criteria from labels in GMail?

Dr.sunil V April 21, 2014

How to partially remove some filter criteria from a GMail label? Note that I want to remove one or two filter criteriae and not for full label. Editing the label does of course remove particular filter.

1. dragonmouth

Dr. Sunil,
    As Oron says, you need edit the Filter, not the Label.

Let me just check first I understand your question correctly. You have various labels applied automatically, via filters, and you want to cancel some of those filters. For example, you have a "friends" label and you realise some messages shouldn't really go there.
    If this is the case, you simply need to cancel (or alter) the relevant filter. Filters are not necessarily related to labels. Anyway, to do this:

• Click on the cog (top right corner) and choose Settings
    • Click on the Filters tab
    • You will be presented with a list of current filters. You can delete any of them simply by clicking delete on the right. If you want to look at any of them in detail, or to change it, click edit and proceed from there.
    • Drsunil V

Thanks! That is precisely what I implied to ask!